Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Twiddlie Diddlie Dee...

Since turning in our profile book two weeks ago, I've added plenty of extra hours to my work week. I'm watching a baby twice a week for a second family, and also doing a little freelance writing for a friend's website (she's an AMAZING baby photographer!) Check out her breath taking work at www.jenniferjayne.com. All of this is helping to keep my mind off of waiting.

My adoption counselor gave me an assignment of finding a new hobby...that isn't adoption related. Um, try telling a pregnant lady not to think about her enormous and ever growing tummy! So far, all I've come up with is work. Work more, make money-don't spend money. I'm sure this makes my husband smile, but the point was to do something fun and relaxing. Why is that so hard to do?

I talked to our agent today and we have the option of posting an abbreviated version of our profile book online. By doing this, we make ourselves visible to the public. A pregnant mother can view these profiles without necessarily being a client...whereas, the books are only available to those already in contact with LB. That being said, we sort of increase our chances, ever so slightly. I plan to get an online version of our profile ready for posting by the end of this month.

This waiting game sucks. I tried to filter the previous statement, but its my reality. I'm not dwelling on my urge for a baby day in and day out, but I'm finding myself thinking those "now what do I do with my life?", kind of thoughts. But, it's not like I need a career change...or any change for that matter. I love what Im doing with my life! I just want to be at home with my new Baby. I want to start a relationship with his or her Birth Family. I want to have endless visits with our own families, to introduce Baby Lewis to all the crazies we already love so much. ;)

That's all I have for today. I'm off to think of a project I can start before I go find a fourth job just for kicks....

Please keep us in your prayers. We know our Baby is going to show up when God is everyone ready. We need peace in our wait and we ask for peace for our Birth parents and their family. Prayers for a healthy, happy, baby are also requested. Thank you so so much for staying on this journey with us! I will try to keep everyone updated more often now that the holidays are over and things are settling down.

Blessings and Love from the Lewis house!

No comments:

Post a Comment